Compliance Screening and Why It Matters
Like most businesses, you may have a compliance screening process already in place. It helps verify the people you’ve hired have a clean background, free of use of illegal substances and unlawful activity. However, some screenings only scratch the surface, meaning you may need to dive deeper into the background of your potential hires. If you are not performing compliance screening of your employees, you may be putting the future of your company at risk.
What is Compliance Screening?
Compliance screening is a process used by a human resources department or business to collect information about an employee’s past. In most employment situations, it is the final step before an offer is made for permanent employment. Most compliance screening tests include drug and alcohol testing, education confirmation and social security/name tracing (also known as alias search). In the event an employee may be driving a company car, a motor vehicle record can be pulled to verify a clean driving record.
Why is It Important?
One of the most important reasons to conduct compliance screening is that the process ensures a safe working environment for your employees. It also helps reduce the risk associated with someone involved in criminal activity. In many states, it is also required by law for a company to perform compliance screening in order to verify your potential employee is qualified to perform the work required. Clients, business partners and even customers expect businesses to have employees that do not pose a safety risk.
Services Offered by Coastal Human Resources Group
At Coastal Human Resources Group, we offer our clients a comprehensive compliance screening process that meets the requirements set by the Fair Credit Reporting Reform Act and the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission. Our compliance screening services include:
- A range of drug testing procedures with lab-based urinalysis and rapid drug screen urinalysis (DOT and Non-DOT).
- Alcohol testing (DOT and Non-DOT)
- Our hair testing process can determine drug residue that has been set for a period of time.
- On-site testing collectors who will visit your place of business to conduct any type of test necessary. We do this with courtesy, while safeguarding the confidentiality of each employee.
- The background checks we perform include a search of criminal history, past worker compensation claims and social security verification. Other forms of background screening available are: motor vehicle record, employment and education verification and sex offender registry.
We also offer our clients employee and supervisor training, private drug screens and medical review officer services.
Hire with confidence by performing necessary compliance screenings of potential employees. Our background screening process will give you and your clients a sense of security about the people you have on payroll.
Coastal Human Resource Group, Inc. is a Human Resource Outsourcer (HRO). We serve as a full-service human resources department for small and medium-sized businesses which provide compliance screening as well as background checks. Visit www.Coastal-HR.com or give us a call at 251-478-7444. We’re here to help ensure that all your human resources needs are met.